The alleged attacker of Trump, indicted for attempting to assassinate the president of the USA
The White House again points to Democrats and the "left-wing hate cult" as the culprits of the attack
WashingtonThe man who allegedly attempted to attack Donald Trump during the correspondents' dinner in Washington was charged on Monday with attempted assassination of the President of the United States. The suspect, Cole Tomas Allen, also faces two more charges: carrying a firearm and ammunition with intent to commit a felony and discharging a firearm during a violent crime.In parallel, the White House has once again lashed out at Democrats over the incident. Press secretary Karoline Leavitt said the incident is the result of "the left's hate cult against the president".
According to Leavitt, the points in the manifesto that the suspect wrote before the attack coincide with many of the criticisms that the American left has made against the tycoon. To prove it, she cited some statements from Democratic politicians, such as the governor of Illinois, J.B. Pritzker, who "called for a massive protest to create disruption." What Leavitt did not mention is that these words were spoken amid the siege that Trump tried to impose on Chicago with the arrival of hundreds of ICE agents in the city and the deployment of the National Guard to the outskirts of the urban center. All thanks to a federal judge blocking the military deployment.
The charges could be expanded
"I am not willing to allow a pedophile, rapist, and traitor to stain my hands with his crimes." This is whatOnce the charges were known, acting Attorney General Todd Blanche appeared alongside FBI Director Kash Patel and federal prosecutor Jeanine Pirro to present the accusation. Pirro wanted to point out that the three charges brought against Allen this Monday could be expanded depending on how the investigation progresses. The prosecutor stressed that the man was targeting Trump and members of his cabinet. "Make no mistake, [the text] says: 'My targets are senior administration officials. And I am prioritizing from top to bottom, from the highest ranks to the lowest, and I will not hesitate to confront anyone who gets between the president and me,'" Pirro remarked.
he would have written in a letter that has been published byBlanche, for his part, recalled that this is an ongoing investigation and that "much of the information the media is receiving are leaks: some of it is true and some of it is not." Both the interim Attorney General and Patel declined to provide many more details about the police investigations.
The attacker, a 31-year-old computer scientist graduated from the California Institute of Technology, is in police custody and has undergone a psychiatric examination. Blanche confirmed that authorities are analyzing the various devices obtained from the Hilton room where Allen had been staying and from his apartment in California.
In the writing, Allen expresses rejection of various actions by the US government, such as abuses in detention centers, extrajudicial executions in the Pacific and the Caribbean, and Washington's military actions against third countries.
"Turning the other cheek is not Christian"
"I am not willing to allow a pedophile, rapist, and traitor to stain my hands with his crimes." This is what Allen would have written in a letter published by the New York Post. As of yet, authorities have not verified it, and Trump used it to claim that the alleged shooter was motivated by "hatred of Christians".Nevertheless, it has also been revealed that Allen had a marked Christian background. In fact, one of the reflections he made in this manifesto, always according to the New York Post, was that the Christian saying of turning the other cheek in case of offense could not be sustained when the one receiving the harm was another: "Turning the other cheek when someone else is oppressed is not Christian behavior, it is complicity with the oppressor's crimes."
"I am not a person raped in a detention center. I am not a fisherman executed without trial. I am not a school child blown up, nor a hungry infant, nor a teenager who has suffered abuse from many criminals of this administration," Allen states in the letter, in which he assures that he acts on behalf of all those affected by the policies and actions of the US government.
Regarding this information and Trump's claim of supposed hatred towards Christians, Blanche has avoided commenting. He did confirm that an investigation is already underway to determine if the man had ties to "far-left groups." Just as the White House press secretary had done hours earlier, the attorney general has once again pointed to criticism against the president as the main cause of the incident. Blanche – who was Trump's lawyer – has blamed both Democrats and journalists, whom he has accused of being "excessively critical." "They insult the president with horrible names without any reason and without proof," he reproached.
Just as the press conference was beginning, Blanche depicted Saturday's attack as an assault on press freedom. But, paradoxically, he has had no problem in attacking journalists again. Behavior that Trump himself has already made evident. On Sunday night, during an interview with the program 60 Minutes, at first it seemed that the president had softened his harassment campaign against the press. But the restraint lasted little: when presenter Norah O'Donnnell asked him about the fragments of the manifesto in which Allen accuses him of being a "rapist" and a "pedophile," the magnate lashed out at her: "You are a disgrace."