Vice-president refuses to be photographed with Madrid's businessmen because she was the only woman
Calviño warned in February that she would no longer pose in front of cameras if there were no more women present
BarcelonaSpanish vice-president and minister of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation Nadia Calviño refused this Tuesday to have her picture taken alongside the organisers of the Madrid Leaders Forum because she was the only woman. Calviño had already warned in February that she would never again stand in front of the cameras or "participate in any debates" in which there were no more women present.
The First Vice-President kept her word and at the event organised by the Madrid Business Confederation CEIM-CEOE. She said "she was sorry" and that "they should have discussed it". Even so, at the end of her participation in the event and in the presence of the secretary general of CEIM, Sara Molero, the minister agreed to take part in the official photograph of the event.
CEIM president Miguel Garrido said he "did not expect" Calviño's reaction, although he said that he did not find it "relevant". Garrido expressed that he "respects" her position, since "everyone does what they want", and concluded that he did not take the minister's refusal "badly".