Gavi injures his knee while Fermín is struggling.
The player from Los Palacios is ruled out due to playing in Vallecas and will be examined between Sunday and Monday.
BarcelonaProblems for Hansi Flick ahead of the third La Liga match. The German coach already knows he will be without Pablo Gavi, who is injured in his right knee. The Andalusian left Friday's training session due to discomfort that, according to ARA, may be somewhat more serious than initially believed, when the club insisted it was "only" a knock. The problems are in the same knee that Gavi seriously injured two years ago – the right one – and specifically in the meniscus area. The Barça player's joint is quite swollen, so it is recommended that tests be completed once the bruise subsides.
It is estimated that on Sunday or Monday the exact extent of the injury will be known, which, for now, will rule him out of the Rayo Vallecano match against Barça and also from the Spanish national team squad. However, Hansi Flick has reassured the fans. In the press conference prior to the trip to Vallecas, the German coach said that they are "a little less worried than yesterday" and that he hopes to have Gavi available for Barça's next match, on September 14, against Valencia.
The setback with Gavi comes just two days before the transfer window closes and amid uncertainty surrounding the future of Fermín López, who has a proposal to sign for Chelsea on the table. blues They have approached Barça, offering a fee close to 40 million euros, but the Catalans won't let him leave for less than 60 million. The Andalusian player, with a contract until 2029, is hesitant. His stance remains on staying, but until he clearly communicates this to the club—who would be willing to sell him, as well as to his representatives—a move to Chelsea remains a possibility. Trained at La Masia, the player from El Campillo (Huelva), who in recent weeks has had problems in the dressing room with Gavi, has an option for a change of scenery and more money.
What Hansi Flick thinks about Fermín's departure
Flick wasn't categorical about Fermín's continued presence. The Barça manager expressed his desire for the midfielder to remain with the team. "He's here for now. I've spoken with him and I think he'll stay. He already knows what I think. I'll be very happy when the transfer window closes," he said at the outset. He added: "His heart is at Barça. He's at home." However, when asked about the club's position, which hasn't declared him untransferable, Flick distanced himself with his response: "I don't know. I'm focused on the team; I'm not interested in the financial situation. My focus is on the team, and we have a fantastic squad. Everyone knows I'd like to keep those."
"There are people who know better what's going on. It's a business, but I'm focused on my team. Fermín has shown many times how important he is to us. He can help us a lot. He's a midfielder who scores a lot, who has a different style to the rest of our players in this position," the player has emphasized. Being honest, he admits that Fermín's departure is a possibility: "We have to wait."
Registrations in sight
In the midst of everything, Barça plays Rayo Vallecano today. The match is fraught not only because of the quality of an opponent who has just secured a spot in the Conference League, but also because of the precarious state of the Vallecas pitch. And if that weren't enough, Flick is struggling with Gavi's injury and the possible departure of Fermín. The German, who last week had to address rumors about Marc Casadó's possible departure, has made his position clear. Following Iñigo Martínez's departure, he has publicly and privately opposed losing more players. He also expressed his displeasure with the difficulty associated with registering players. For now, Gerard Martín has already confirmed his signing for Vallecas. The club also hopes to register Tek Szczesny this Sunday, and possibly Roony Bardghji as well.